This tutorial is about how to hide all system tray icons using registry. It’s working perfect in XP and Windows Vista. In the next blog post I’ll show you how to hide only specific icons.
1. Open Start Menu >> Run, type regedit and press Enter
2. Go to the following path
3. Create a DWORD value by right clicking the right pane and click new, then DWORD value
4. Name the key as NoTrayItemsDisplay
5. Double click the key after creation and set the value as 1
6. Close registry and restart your computer in order for the settings to take into effect.